Burial Funeral Prices
At Evergreen we believe that a funeral should be fair and affordable. We also believe in clear pricing which is why we display our prices online where many other funeral directors still do not. We cater to all funeral needs whether it be a simple service or a more elaborate send off.
Below you will find our prices and also details of current third party costs such as burial fees for Hull City Council and East Riding of Yorkshire Cemeteries. Note: both of these local authorities also have natural burial options, please contact us if you require more information.
As burial prices differ greatly depending on location and also whether a plot has already been purchased, it is difficult to give a one size fits all price for a burial. We price a funeral based on items 1 to 5 (below). From this you should be able to get an idea of approximate funeral costs. If you require further help with pricing a funeral please contact us.
BESPOKE BURIAL / EXTRAS
The cost of a bespoke, tailor-made funeral comprises a number of elements such as our professional fees, vehicles, choice of coffin and third party costs. The costs below are a guide to the individual costs of a funeral. If anything you require is not listed here or you need any help with pricing please contact us for further information.
1. EVERGREEN PROFESSIONAL SERVICES – £995
Our professional services include:
- Collecting your loved one and bringing them into our care. (Includes out of hours at no extra charge).
- 24 hours support and guidance.
- Informing you of your options for the funeral and making the necessary arrangements on your behalf – including liaising with 3rd parties.
- The preparation and presentation of your loved one and the use of a private viewing room by appointment.
- The necessary personnel required to carry out the funeral on the day.
2. STANDARD HEARSE – £185
The supply of a traditional black hearse to bring your loved one to their funeral. Other specialist hearses are available, see below or ask us for further details.
3. COFFIN SELECTION – from £180
We offer a selection of coffins and caskets in various styles, Prices starting from £180 for an eco-friendly cardboard coffin or from £210 for a simple veneered traditional style coffin. Standard coffins start at £249 and Premium coffins start at £400. Please ask us for further details and to see our brochures.
4. THIRD PARTY FEES – prices vary
These are the costs which we pay to 3rd parties on your behalf. Examples of some of these costs can be found below:
- Burial fees at Hull CC cemeteries – prices vary between £995 and £1150
- Burial fees at East Riding cemeteries – prices vary between £742 and £948
- Purchase of new plot (Hull CC cemeteries) – £620 (20 year lease)
- Purchase of new plot (East Riding Cemeteries) – £961 (60 year lease)
- Use of chapel at Chanterlands Crematorium (followed by burial in a Hull CC cemetery) – £125
- Use of chapel at eastern cemetery (where burial is to follow in eastern cemetery) – £120
- Example humanist minister fee £200 (this may vary)
- Example religious minister fee £220 (this may vary)
For a specific church or any other fees please contact us for more information.
(Note: We require all 3rd party costs to be paid in full within 48 hours of arranging the funeral.)
5. FUNERAL DETAILS – see below
- Limousine – £200
- Horse drawn hearse – from £750
- Motorcycle or other specialist hearse – prices vary, please ask for further details.
- Reception into home / Church – £300
- Newspaper notice – £120 (average price)
- Flowers – from £35
- Orders of service – from £42
- Extra mileage charge per mile (outside 20 miles) – £1.10
We can also help with headstones and anything else you require, please let us know your requests.